Ford Australia today confirmed pricing and the opening of online reservations for the highly anticipated, all-electric Mustang Mach-E. Embodying the spirit of Mustang for an electric future, Mustang Mach-E will arrive in Australian showrooms late this year.
The Mustang Mach-E will be available in three variants: Select; Premium; and GT, with prices starting from $79,990* (MLP). Prestige paint is a $700 cost option (excluding LCT).
“We’ve had a brilliant response to Mustang Mach-E since we confirmed it for Australia a few weeks ago, and can’t wait to give customers the chance to get behind the wheel later this year,” said Andrew Birkic, President and CEO of Ford Australia and New Zealand.
From its modern take on Mustang’s iconic tri-bar taillights, to its bold stance, astonishing performance and exhilarating driving dynamics, Mustang Mach-E builds on Mustang’s more than half-century heritage, readying it for an exciting new era.
Meet the Mach-E Family
Kicking off the line-up in Australia is the Mach-E Select which is priced from $79,990* (MLP). This model boasts a 71kWh lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery mated to a single electric motor which delivers 198kW and 430Nm of torque via the rear wheels. New for 2023, the LFP battery will allow Ford to offer the Mach-E with fresh technology proving to be exceptionally durable, using fewer high-demand, high-cost materials and with the ability to sustain fast charging as it approaches maximum capacity. The Mach-E Select will offer a driving range of up to 470 kilometres1.
Mustang Mach-E Select is generously equipped with a large 15.5-inch infotainment screen (standard across the range) running Ford’s latest-generation SYNCÒ 4A2 system. For enhanced visibility when parking a 360-degree camera7 is standard as is a B&OÔ3 sound system with 10 speakers and subwoofer. Wireless phone4 charging as standard means you can conveniently charge your compatible smartphone without the hassle of a charging cable.
Across the line-up there’s plenty of room for five people with excellent leg and headroom in the front and back. There are ISOFIX mounts on the two outboard seats and top tether anchors for all three back seats, making installing child seats easy. The rear seats fold 60:40 to increase rear luggage space when needed.
Mach-E Select features Black Onyx Sensico seats in the front and back; a premium artificial leather upholstery. The front seats are eight-way powered.
On the outside, Select boasts 19-inch alloy wheels, a panoramic glass roof and Ford’s clever E-Latch door handles which replace conventional door handles for improved efficiency, as well as a front-trunk or ‘frunk’ for additional luggage space.
The Mustang Mach-E Premium is priced from $92,990* (MLP) and boasts a bigger 91kWh battery delivering 216kW and 430Nm of torque via a single motor on the rear axle. This model balances enhanced performance with efficiency, delivering the longest potential driving range of the line-up – with up to 600 kilometres1 of range.
Building on Select, Premium adds luxury touches like LED projector headlamps, premium-finish scuff plates and pedals, and interior upgrades, including red contrast stitching to its Black Onyx Sensico seats (front and rear), black headliner, and multi-colour ambient lighting as standard.
For the ultimate in performance, the Mustang Mach-E GT can streak from 0-100km/h in 3.7 seconds5 (with a 1ft. rollout) and is priced from $108,990* (MLP).
It features the same 91kWh battery as Mach-E Premium but runs two electric motors (one at the front and one at the rear) delivering 358kW and 860Nm of torque to all four wheels with a driving range of up to 490 kilometres1. Mustang Mach-E GT will be the fastest accelerating Ford the Blue Oval offers in Australia.
As the performance-oriented model in the line-up, Mach-E GT features MagneRideÒ Active Suspension which can adjust up to 1000 times a second allowing the dampers to respond in real-time to changing road conditions or driving style. The system also automatically adjusts damping force based on the selected drive mode.
Speaking of drive modes, GT adds Untame Plus6 to the modes available on the other models: Active, Whisper or Untame. This setting is designed for closed-course driving only and adjusts everything from battery cooling to steering to throttle response, traction and stability controls, all-wheel drive strategy and ensures consistent power and torque delivery for longer-lasting thrills.
Ensuring it stops as well as it goes, Mustang Mach-E GT runs BremboÒ Flexira front performance brakes, 20-inch alloys wrapped in bespoke Pirelli tyres.
The ‘performance’ continues inside with a pair of bolstered Ford Performance sport front seats designed to support driver and front passenger during spirited driving and finished in a soft-touch leather-like material.
All models feature Mach-E’s one pedal drive system7 which, once activated allows you to drive just using the accelerator. Take your foot off the throttle and the Mach-E will begin slowing down, recapturing energy usually lost during deceleration, making it perfect for start-stop traffic.
Your Mach-E in the Palm of Your Hands
Like other Ford vehicles, Mach-E features FordPass8 connectivity which lets you access a range of information about your vehicle from afar via the FordPass App on your smartphone, as well as key Electric Vehicle (EV) connected services and charging information including:
· FordPass Power My Trip9: which works with Connected Built-In Satellite Navigation to help customers plan trips that include convenient charging stations along their route:
o By entering their destination directly into SYNC 42 or via the FordPass8 App, ‘Power My Trip9 can consider Mach-E’s current state of charge in addition to real-time traffic conditions to help identify charging stops when a customer will need them.
o The feature includes estimates of the amount of time spent at each charging station and can also suggest different routes based on driver preferences such as: time taken, distance travelled, or optimal economy.
· Battery Charge Level
· Distance to Empty (km)
· Nearby Chargers
· Charge Settings: allowing customers to set up preferred Charge Times and add Departure Times
· Charge Logs
Reserve Mustang Mach-E online
In addition to announcing pricing, Ford Australia confirmed it will open online ordering for Mustang Mach-E from around 2pm AEST this afternoon.
“Mustang Mach-E represents a shift from the traditional and will appeal to a wide range of buyers,” added Danni Winter, Marketing Director, Ford Australia. “This is why we’ve made the decision to offer customers the chance to reserve their vehicle online. It’s a natural part of our digital evolution and allows our customers to shop with their Authorised Ford EV Dealer 24/7.”
To purchase a Mustang Mach-E, customers will need to access the Ford Australia online reservation portal. After choosing their variant, customers will need to create a Ford Account and pay a set reservation fee of $1000 to the selected Authorised Ford EV Dealer.
“Online reservation not only adds a level of convenience to the vehicle purchase process, but also allows for the management of wait times based on reservation by series,” Winter said.
Mustang Mach-E forms an important part of Ford’s electrified future in Australia, with a plan to launch at least five electrified vehicles Down Under by the end of 2024.
* Recommended MLP only. As always, the selling price of any vehicle or option is entirely at the discretion of the Dealer.
1. Based on a full charge. Estimated range of Mach-E using Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP). Figures shown are for comparability purposes and should only be compared with other vehicles tested to the same technical procedures. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements like temperature, driving behaviours, route profile, vehicle maintenance, and battery age and condition. WLTP Overall Range reflects a combined driving cycle. This test is conducted in controlled conditions with an ambient temperature of 23 degrees Celsius and no climate or electrical load.
2. Don’t drive distracted. Use voice operated systems where possible and don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all SYNC® features are compatible with all phones. SYNC® screen appearance and functionality may change over time due to software updates.
3. BANG & OLUFSEN© 2023 and B&O© 2023. BANG & OLUFSENTM and B&OTM are registered trademarks of Bang & Olufsen Group. Licensed by Harman Becker Automotive System Manufacturing Kft. All rights reserved.
4. Wireless charging only available with a compatible phone
5. Performance of Mach-E GT model. The acceleration test was conducted on a closed circuit by a trained driver. Ford test data based on typical industry methodology using 1 ft. rollout. Your results may vary. Drive safely and be aware of the speed limit at all times and monitor your speed accordingly.
6. This feature is only available when the HV battery state of charge is above about 35%, the ambient temperature is above 32.0°F (0°C) and the HV battery temperature is warm. To use this feature, you must be in untame mode with the untame plus slider selected with the battery at operating temperature. When using this mode, one pedal drive is not available and other driver assistance features disable. Designed for track use only.
7. This system is an extra driving aid. It does not replace your attention and judgment, or the need to apply the brakes. See owner’s manual for details and limitations.
9. FordPass Power My Trip is a Connected Service that requires the Connected Built-in Satellite Navigation service to be switched ‘on’. Eligible vehicles receive 1 year of service from the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty start date, after which time the service may cease to be available or may be subject to a subscription fee. Users must have created a FordPass App account (terms apply), have fully activated the vehicle’s FordPass Connect modem and have both the SYNC Location and ‘Share Vehicle Data’ set to ‘on’ to use this feature.