Ford Australia today confirmed pricing and specifications for the highly anticipated F-150. Backed by the convenience of a nationwide dealer network and the peace of mind of a factory-backed five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty1, the American icon will be arriving in Australian showrooms later this year.
The F-150 range will start from $106,950 plus on-road costs, with four variants in the range, including both SWB and LWB body styles for the XLT and LARIAT.
“The F-150 is perfect for those who want to explore our amazing country in luxury and comfort. The addition of this icon to our local showrooms alongside the incredibly popular Ranger means Australian customers now have two uncompromising utes to choose from. Thanks to its 4.5 tonne towing2 ability, the F-150 ensures Aussies can go anywhere, with almost anything, at any time,” said Andrew Birkic, President and CEO, Ford Australia.
The reintroduction of F-Series comes after significant demand from Aussies for Ford’s biggest, boldest and most capable pick-up. Following extensive re-engineering work by Ford Australia and RMA Automotive, customers will now be able to purchase the accomplished pick-up from their local dealer.
It’s built to work hard, and play harder, and will suit Australian customers who want Ford’s biggest, boldest, most capable pick-up, giving them the freedom to live life exactly the way they want to.
“As an iconic full-size American pick-up, the F-150 is joining Australian showrooms thanks to an extensive and meticulous local re-engineering program. Together with RMA Automotive, Ford Australia earned the privilege of developing a world-first right-hand drive program for the F-150. We set ourselves the target of equivalency without compromise and are incredibly proud to have achieved this to our exacting standards, while offering our customers compelling value and generous standard specification,” said Tom Dohrmann, F-150 Assistant Chief Program Engineer, Ford Australia.
Both the XLT and LARIAT F-150 will feature the top-selling 3.5L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6 petrol engine, coupled with 10-speed automatic transmission in 4x4 Crew Cab configuration. With 298kW3 and 678Nm3 across the range, the F-150 blends effortless torque across its rev range by using clever technology. This includes Ford’s port-fuel and direct-injection (PFDI) system, which uses a pair of injectors per cylinder along with twin-intercooled turbochargers that offer on-demand power while minimizing lag.
Each F-150 variant can be purchased either as a short wheelbase (SWB) with a 3683mm (145-inch) wheelbase and 1676mm (5.5-foot) styleside box, or long wheelbase (LWB) that extends the wheelbase to 3987mm (157-inch) and styleside box to 1981mm (6.5-foot). All F-150 models in Australia are capable of towing 4.5 tonne, providing customers a new level of hauling ability.
The XLT is the perfect accompaniment for customers wanting compelling capability from their pick-up paired with no-nonsense ruggedness. For the F-150 XLT, standard features include 20-inch six-spoke machined-aluminum wheels, chrome front and rear bumpers, black platform running boards, tailgate with flexible step and work surface as well as a Tough Bed™ spray-in bedliner.
The F-150 XLT SWB has a recommended Manufacturer List Price (MLP) of $106,950, while the XLT LWB has a recommended Manufacturer List Price (MLP) of $107,945.
As the flagship of the Australian range, the F-150 LARIAT provides customers advanced levels of luxury alongside its uncompromised ability as a vehicle perfectly tailored to both work and play. Ford's pinnacle of full-size pick-ups in Australia boasts additional features over and above the XLT variant, including premium mesh insert grille with chrome surround, chrome appearance package including mirror scalps, door handles, belt moldings, tow hooks and running boards, powered twin-panel moonroof and LED headlights, fog lights and taillamps.
The F-150 LARIAT SWB has a recommended Manufacturer List Price (MLP) of $139,950, while the LWB LARIAT has a recommended Manufacturer List Price (MLP) of $140,945.
Earlier this month the first of the F-150s that will be re-manufactured in Australia rolled off the production line in Dearborn, and are now en route.
See the full list of features below:
For both the XLT and LARIAT variants, the exterior paint selection incudes:
||No Cost Option
*Prestige paint colour option that incurs an additional charge.
F-150 is now available for order, with deliveries kicking off in Q3.
1. Warranty conditions apply. 5 year/unlimited km Ford Express New Vehicles Warranty applies to new and demonstrator models. Our goods come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Our warranty does not limit and may not exceed your rights under those guarantees.
2. Maximum towing capacity – braked. Subject to State and Territory regulations and drivers licence category stipulations. To comply with these limits, occupants and / or luggage may need to be restricted to not exceed the GCM and GVM limits. For further details regarding passenger and luggage restrictions, please consult your authorized Ford Dealer and / or refer to the Owner’s Manual.
3. Overseas model power and torque figures, tested to SAE J1349 standards.
4. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all SYNC 4 features are compatible with all phones. SYNC screen appearance and functionality may change over time due to software updates.
6. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. May not operate at certain speeds, or in certain driving, road or weather conditions. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
7. Pre-collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking detects pedestrians, but not in all conditions, and can help avoid or reduce a collision. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.
8. Trailer Coverage system supports conventional trailer dimensions: up to 2.6m wide (measured at trailer front) and up to 10m long from the rear of your vehicle. Drivers will need to create a profile of their trailers in SYNC to support this system. Only works with a genuine factory fit Ford Tow Bar.
9. BANG & OLUFSEN© 2023 and B&O© 2023. BANG & OLUFSEN™ and B&O™ are registered trademarks of Bang & Olufsen Group. Licensed by Harman Becker Automotive Systems Manufacturing Kft. All rights reserved.
10. iACC uses various data to adjust the set speed of the vehicle to the speed limit detected by the system. The iACC system will not always detect the correct speed limit and may set a vehicle speed that is above or below the actual speed limit. If the system does this, it can be overridden by the driver applying the brake or accelerator. ACC and Lane Centering has a minimum operating speed of 20km/hr. Detection of lower speed limit will result in system entering standby. The Stop and Go functionality of this system operates as low as 0km/hr in traffic jam situations. If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume the system operation. Drivers are responsible for maintaining the correct legal speed limit at all times and should not rely solely upon the Speed Sign Recognition system. Customers should read the Owner's Manual for full details of the limitations of the iACC system before activating the system.
11. Evasive Steer Assist does not control steering. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
12. Intersection Assist does not detect all vehicles in intersection, pedestrians or cyclists. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for Limitations.
13. Wireless charging only available with compatible phones